The School’s Planned Admission Number (PAN) for Year 7 pupils is 90. There are three tutor groups for each year group of pupils and on admission each pupil is placed in one of these mixed ability groups. Pupils remain with this group of pupils and with the same tutor throughout their time at the School wherever possible.
Pupils will be offered a place on the basis of the following ranked criteria:
1. Children with an EHCP / Statement which names the school
2. Looked after children and Children who were looked after, but ceased to be because they were adopted or became subject to a residence order or special guardianship order
3. Siblings of pupils already attending the school
4. Children who are pupils of Wigmore Primary School
5. Children who live in the catchment of Wigmore High School
6. Children who are attending one of the feeder Primary Schools (Kingsland, Leintwardine, Orleton, Shobdon, St Mary’s Bucknell)
7. Any other children
Distance from school, by the shortest available walking route by road or made up footpath, will operate as the tie break should either of our schools be over-subscribed from any of its designated priorities. These arrangements will be applied for admissions from September 2018.
The Governing Body are responsible for the School’s admissions criteria. Wigmore School will work in collaboration with the Local Authority in ensuring strict adherence to the national Code of Practice for Admissions within the local context. The school will exercise the right of an Academy School, within the remit of the Code of Practice, to establish its own admission preferences for students.
Anyone who is unsuccessful in securing a place will have the right of appeal through an independent panel often brokered with the support of the LA. Dates will be organised by the LA as required.