Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
We aim to provide equality of opportunity for all children at Wigmore Nursery. It is important that we identify additional needs as early as possible. This initial responsibility lies with your child’s Key Person. They will discuss their concerns with the Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENCO) and arrange an appropriate meeting to discuss concerns, strategies and referrals with you and make decisions in collaboration.
Mrs Marty Fleet is our fully trained designated Nursery SENCO. The role of the SENCO within the Nursery is:
- Overseeing the day to day operation of the SEND Policy.
- Liaising with parents and carers for children with SEND.
- Maintaining records and submitting relevant referrals to the Local Authority and other agencies.
- Co-ordinating provision for children with SEND.
- Liaising and advising colleagues.
- Managing a range of resources to enable appropriate provision for SEND.
- Attending relevant courses where possible.
- Liaising with professionals and external agencies.
- If you have any concerns with regard to your child or if they have a special educational need or disability, please speak with the Nursery SENCO or your child’s Key Person for further information.