Wigmore Primary Uniform Information
We endeavour to explain to the children on a regular basis the benefits of a smart appearance in life. We are very fortunate at our school that we don’t often have to apply sanctions to pupils for not wearing the correct uniform. However, pupils are aware that there are consequences to not adhering to our uniform and appearance code.
- Navy blue sweatshirt with Wigmore logo
- Plain grey school trousers / shorts
- Grey school skirt
- White polo shirt or shirt
- Blue check school dress – in Summer term
- Black shoes - no trainers, no canvas pumps, no boots (if boots need to be worn to and from school in bad weather pupils should bring their school shoes to change into at school)
- Plain dark or white socks
- Hair should be tidily cut and not too short (minimum number 2 length). Short hair should be blended gradually. No mohawks or clipper cut patterns in hair are permitted.
- Long hair must be tied back for sport. We strongly advise children with long hair to wear it tied back at all times in school. Hair bands should be plain dark colours (brightly coloured and ornate hair accessories are not acceptable)
- Jewellery should be restricted to one small plain round gold/silver coloured stud in each ear. If ears are pierced pupils should be able to remove earrings for PE or cover with tape themselves
- Nail varnish should not be worn